It’s time for another Top 5 Wednesday! If you don’t know what this is, Top Five Wednesday was created by Lainey, or Gingerreadslainey. She creates a different topic each week, and BookTubers and Book Bloggers can discuss their favorite (or least favorite book) based off of the topics! The Goodreads group can be found here, feel free to join in!
Today’s topic is top 5 books that I read in one sitting. This is really applicable to me because if I put down a book for a long time, it is hard for me to continue, so I end up reading many books in one sitting (or almost one)
In no particular order:
5. The Wrath and the Dawn by Renée Ahdieh – This is one of my most recent one-sitting reads. Definitely recommend this book, and you can check out my whole review of it here. This is great for people who like romance with a little bit of butt-kicking action although this novel is mainly focused on the love story. It’s amazing! Go read it. I couldn’t put it down.
4. Rebel Belle by Rachel Hawkins – Also a June read of mine. I have a full review of this here if you want to hear more of my thoughts on this. However, I definitely love this book! It is pretty funny, but the action and magic system is really interesting. The main character, Harper, never fails to entertain, and the romance portion is really adorable.
3. The entire Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead – I recently marathoned this series for the first time, and I thoroughly enjoyed every single book! This is a solid 4/4.5 star series for me, and I definitly prefer it compared to some of the other paranormal series I’ve read. I didn’t read the entire series in one sitting (it’s 6 books!), but I read each individual book in a single sitting. They aren’t very large books; however, each book was enjoyable and gripping, and I wanted to see what would happen next! Read it if you haven’t already, but don’t watch the movie. The books are so much better. However, I really wish they could remake the books into a TV show (like how they’re doing the Mortal Instruments series).
2. Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare – This is the very last book of the Infernal Devices trilogy, and it’s one of the BEST series finales/final books that I have ever read. No spoilers, but the epilogue….If you read it you know what I’m talking about. The epilogue brought tears to my eyes. The action, the love triangle, the world were all so perfect in this series/book. All the books on this list are all must-read recommendations, but you really do need to read this trilogy! I think it is a lot better than Clare’s The Mortal Instruments series, and I actually read this before I read her other series.
1. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling – Everyone and their mother has probably already read this book, but I can’t not mention Harry Potter. I read a few of the books in one sitting (not Order of the Phoenix), but I distinctly remember reading this one and not being able to put it down. I was on a road trip up to a beach so I had a lot of time to read in the car. So much nostalgia…I also love the movie version of this book!
Honorable Mention: I also really wanted to mention the Legend series by Marie Lu because I absolutely LOVE this series. I recommend it to a lot of people who want to read dystopian/YA but don’t know where to start. I read each book in one sitting and had to wait for the next book to come out which killed me. Everyone knows about the Hunger Games and Divergent, but I think the Legend series is definitely comparable to both (and probably better than the Divergent series). More people need to know about this, especially outside of the book community (I want movie version)!
So, that is my top 5 books I read in one sitting (plus an honorable mention)! What did you think of my list? Did you read any of these books in one sitting? Comment/Link your top 5 one sitting reads below! I want to see them!