I haven’t done a Top Five Wednesday in forever! If you don’t know what this is, Top Five Wednesday was created by Lainey, or Gingerreadslainey. She creates a different topic each week, and BookTubers and Book Bloggers can discuss their favorite (or least favorite book) based off of the topics! The Goodreads group can be found here, feel free to join in!
Today’s topic, in the spirit of the American holiday Thanksgiving, is top five books I am thankful for!
5. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell – This is a story about a young girl going to college and feeling out of place. It really resonated with me and a lot of other readers I know because we all feel socially awkward. It’s hard for me, as an introvert, to reach out of my comfort zone, and this novel helped remind me that I am not alone.
4. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen – This is one of my absolute favorite classics/books of all time. This is a feel-good book that I read when I am feeling down (or watch any of the movie adaptations!) The classic rom-com, love story never disappoints.
3. The Mistborn series by Brandon Sanderson – I love fantasy. It’s my favorite genre, and this series is my favorite fantasy series. The characters and the world that Sanderson has created are both complex and lovable. I am so thankful that this series is in my life and has helped spur my love for fantasy. My full review of the first book is here.
2. Everything I Never Told You by Celeste Ng – There’s so much I want to say about this novel. Detailing the struggles of a half-American, half-Asian family during the 1970s, this novel deals with so many real conflicts that people face in real life. I love this book so much even though it breaks my heart. My full review is here!
1. Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling – Of course, is it any surprise? This series was my childhood; I grew up with the books and the movies coming out. There is so much sentimental value behind this series, and it really shaped who I am as a person and as a reader. Thank you, J.K. Rowling, thank you so much.
What books are you thankful for? Comment your own lists!