I have another Top 5 Wednesday this week!! If you don’t know what this is, Top Five Wednesday was created by Lainey, or Gingerreadslainey. She creates a different topic each week, and BookTubers and Book Bloggers can discuss their favorite (or least favorite book) based off of the topics! The Goodreads group can be found here, feel free to join in!
Today’s topic is top 5 series I want to start next year! For this list, I’m going to leave out any new series that are coming out in 2016 because that will be a “anticipated 2016 reads” post. These 5 are solely series that are already partially or fully out!
In no particular order:
1. The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon – I recently bought the first book, and I’ve been hearing a lot of good things about this series. I want to start this in 2016. It’s going to be an 8 book series, but book 3 comes out in 2016!
2. The Riyria Revelations by Michael J. Sullivan – continuing with the fantasy kick. I actually have the first two books of the Riyria CHRONICLES, and you can read either series first even though they follow the same characters. However, I heard you get more character development reading the Revelations first. Also, Michael J. Sullivan is one of the nicest authors!
3. The Shifters by Rachel Vincent – I’ve been on a paranormal/urban fantasy kick lately (Fever series, Mercy Thompson series, etc.)! I have heard great things about this series, and I’ve never read about were-cats before.
4. The Others by Anne Bishop – more urban fantasy/vampires/werewolves/paranormal! I heard that the world building and character develop is phenomenal in this series, and I must start it as soon as possible!
5. Starbound series by Amie Kaufman and Megan Spooner – I’m not the biggest fan of sci-fi/space novels, but the finale of this trilogy came out recently and people have been hyping this series up for a while. The covers are definitely some of the most gorgeous I have ever seen!
There are certainly a lot more series I want to start next year, but those are some of my top ones. Hopefully I’ll get to them, but I might get sidetracked with new releases and some of the reading challenges I’m doing in 2016!
What are your Top 5 picks? Link your T5Ws in the comments below!