This is my first time doing this survey, but I thought it is a great idea to review how my year of reading and blogging went! This is hosted and created by the lovely Jaime from The Perpetual Page-Turner. I’m going to use her graphics for each heading because they are gorgeous!
Number Of Books You Read:
Number of Re-Reads:
o – I’m not the biggest re-reader.
Genre You Read The Most From:
My all time favorite – Fantasy!
1. Best Book You Read In 2015?
I have a post of my top 15 of 2015 – but number one is The Final Empire by Brandon Sanderson. You can find my gushy review here.
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes – this was so hyped up, but I was let down by the characters, plot, and world-building. My review is here.
3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read?
The Enchanted by Rene Denfeld – surprised in a very, very good way – I didn’t expect this book to be written so beautifully. It’s about people on death row!
4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did)?
Mistborn: The Final Empire or Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo – what else is new?
5. Best series you started in 2015? Best Sequel of 2015? Best Series Ender of 2015?
Starter: Mistborn: The Final Empire by Brandon Sanderson (am I starting to sound repetitive?)
Sequel: Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo
Ender: Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare
6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2015?
BRANDON SANDERSON – okay in the interest of being more diverse and non-repetitive – SOPHIE KINSELLA
7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
Everything I Never Told You by Celeste Ng – Adult Contemporary isn’t something I reach for a lot, but this was amazing. My review is here.
8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?
Don’t want to repeat myself, so the Fever series by Karen Marie Moning
9. Book You Read In 2015 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo before Crooked Kingdom (it’s sequel) comes out!
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2015?
11. Most memorable character of 2015?
Kaz from Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo – such a complex character!
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2015?
The Enchanted by Rene Denfeld
13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2015?
Everything I Never Told You by Celeste Ng (being repetitive again)
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2015 to finally read?
The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald and Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte – I need to read more classics!
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2015?
Ooo…I don’t really keep track of quotes. I’m trying to be better at it though!
16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2015?
17. Book That Shocked You The Most
The Young Elites by Marie Lu – because that ending what. I have a spoiler review where I discuss that twist here.
18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)
Kaz and Inej from Six of Crows by Marie Lu – I will probably end up going down with this ship because they’re kind of messed up from the start.
19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year
Vin and Kelsier from Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
20. Favorite Book You Read in 2015 From An Author You’ve Read Previously
Since I started book blogging this year, I discovered most books/authors this year. However, I was a Legend series hipster (did I really just say that?), so The Young Elites by Marie Lu!
21. Best Book You Read In 2015 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure:
The Archived by Victoria Schwab
22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2015?
Besides Kaz? Fine, Carswell Thorne from the Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer
23. Best 2015 debut you read?
An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir
24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?
Brandon Sanderson is King with the entire Cosmere universe
25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?
All of Sophie Kinsella’s books
26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2015?
I cry a lot. I cried in Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma, Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare, etc.
27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?
This Love of Mine by Miranda Liasson – It’s not very popular, but it’s a cute contemporary read!
28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?
See questions 1, 13, 17, and 26.
29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2015?
Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater – this was written really differently, but I didn’t like it. Do not recommend.
30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?
The Young Elites and The Final Empire – those twists at the end! ARG!
1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2015?
I joined Book Blogging this year, so all the blogs I discovered this year = blogs I love!
2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2015?
I probably articulated my thoughts best in this one for Everything I Never Told You
But I had my favorite quotes in this one: The Wrath and the Dawn.
3. Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog?
I haven’t really done any discussion posts, but I like the tags I did!
4. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?
I love Top 5 Wednesday and Top Ten Tuesday!
5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2015?
This December I started talking to Shana @fairytalequeen_ on Twitter and Kate from Kate Reads Lit, and in general, I started being a lot more active on Bookstagram and Twitter. I have realized how much the book community means to me, and I LOVE YOU ALL!
6. Most challenging thing about blogging or your reading life this year?
Starting my blog and having people actually read/like it!
7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?
My most recent Top Ten Tuesday: Anticipated Releases of 2016
8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?
Reviews in general!
9. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?
Evie from Bookish Lifestyle because her society6 has some of the MOST gorgeous bookish stuff! Please check her out!
10. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
I wanted to read a book a week (52), and ended up reading 94!
1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2015 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2016?
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2016 (non-debut)?
Truthwitch by Susan Dennard
3. 2016 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?
Assassin’s Heart by Sarah Ahiers
4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2016?
Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo
5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2016?
Blog a lot more and make a lot more bookish friends! Also, complete my reading challenges. I’ll have a Bookish Resolutions post up soon.
6. A 2016 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone:
I have only read one 2016 release and it was Seven Ways We Lie by Riley Redgate, and it was a 3.5 star read for me. I’ll recommend it to you if you are a huge contemporary fan!
Did you do this survey? If so, link me in the comments below! How was your reading and blogging year?